Dr. Vipul Patel
If you are researching prostate cancer surgery options, you may already know that robotic prostatectomy is a minimally invasive surgery approach offering substantial benefits over traditional laparoscopic and open procedures. What you may not know is that Dr. Vipul Patel is the surgeon you want performing your prostatectomy.
About Dr. Vipul Patel
- Specializes in the robotic approach to urinary reconstruction, bladder and kidney cancer
- Received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, and completed his residency and fellowship at the University of Miami in Miami, Florida
- Served as the Director of the Center for Robotic and Computer-assisted Surgery at The Ohio State University Medical Center for three years, where he was also an Associate Clinical Professor of Urology and Associate Professor of Bioinformatics
- Founder of the Society of Robotic Surgery
- Founder and Editor-in-chief of The Journal of Robotic Surgery
- Received Honorary Professorships from Korean University, the Asian School of Urology and the College of Medicine, and Ricardo Palma University in Lima, Peru
- Teaches advanced courses in robotic surgery for the American Urologic Association
- Performed, or trained other physicians in, robotic surgery and helped establish programs at Cornell New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Yale University, Lahey Clinic, University of Miami, MD Anderson, Duke University, Guys Hospital London (UK), The Royal Melbourne (Australia), Moscow State University (Russia), Beijing Military Hospital (China), Fundacion Puijvert, (Spain) All India Institute (India), Korean University (Korea), Tokyo Medical University (Japan), European Oncology Institute (Italy), Karolinska Swedish Institute (Sweden), Albert Einstein (Brazil), Sirio Linbanese (Brazil), Clinica Marly (Colombia) and Clinicas Caracas ( Venezuela)
Meet Dr. Vipul Patel
Don’t be surprised if Dr. Patel personally responds to your web inquiry. He treats every patient with special personalized care.
If Robotic Prostatectomy is in Your Best Interest, Contact Us
World-renowned. Highly skilled. Accomplished. Published. Compassionate. These are just a few of the reasons as to why Dr. Vipul Patel should perform your robotic prostatectomy.
Contact Dr. Vipul Patel to find out if you are a candidate for minimally invasive robotic prostate surgery.