Why Dr. Patel
Dr. Patel is world-renowned for his contribution to the field of robotic-assisted surgery. He is one of the most experienced robotic surgeons in the world and has personally performed more than 9,500 robotic prostatectomies.
Dr. Patel has developed techniques in robotic surgery that have translated to improve patient care and outcomes. His innovations have helped to improve cancer treatment and return of early urinary continence and sexual function. Dr Patel authored the first textbook on robotic urologic surgery, written several textbook chapters, and published over 100 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Medical Director, Global Robotics Institute
- Director of Urologic Oncology, Florida Hospital Cancer Institute
- Professor of Urology, University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Clinical Associate Professor of Urology at Nova Southeastern University
- Founding Editor and Editor Emeritus, Journal of Robotic Surgery
- Residency, University of Miami
- Fellowship, University of Miami
- Medical Degree, Baylor University College of Medicine