Dr. Arnold Advincula
For over a decade, Arnold Advincula, MD, has been treating some of the world’s most challenging cases of endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and pelvic masses occurring in women. On both a national and international level, he has pioneered the use of robotics to perform complex gynecologic surgery. And, as Medical Director of the Benign Gynecologic Robotic Surgery Program at the Global Robotics Institute in Central Florida, he brings his world-renowned skill to women from all over the world.
He is a respected expert in gynecologic robotic surgery and a featured speaker nationally and internationally on a range of topics. Dr. Advincula has two patents in process, one for a precision thermal management device and the other for a surgical instrument and prescribed method for its use. Dr. Advincula's clinical practice is located at the Center for Specialized Gynecology at Florida Hospital Celebration Health.
- Medical Director, Gynecologic Robotic Surgery Program, Florida Hospital Global Robotics Institute
- Director, Fellowship, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Florida Hospital Celebration
- Co-director, University of Michigan Endometriosis Center
- Director, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers
- Director, Minimally Invasive Surgery & Chronic Pelvic Pain Program, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan
Hospitals and Health Centers
- Staff Physician, University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers
- Clinical Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Central Florida
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: University of North Carolina Hospitals, North Carolina
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina Hospitals, North Carolina
- Medical School: Temple University Medical School, Pennsylvania
- Undergraduate: University of Scranton, Pennsylvania Accreditation
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialties
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Hysterectomy (Uterus Removal)
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology Examiner
- American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- American College of Surgeons
- American Pain Society
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Association of Professors of Gynecology & Obstetrics
- International Computer Assisted & Robotic Surgeons Society
- International Pelvic Pain Society
- International Society of Gynecologic Endoscopy
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Minimally Invasive Robotics Association
- Norman F. Miller Society, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology,
- University of Michigan
- Robert A. Ross Society, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology,
- University of North Carolina
- Society of Gynecologic Surgeons
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Society of Reproductive Surgeons
Dr. Advincula has authored and coauthored more than 50 peer reviewed publications, multiple book chapters, several non-peer reviewed publications and technical publications, including:
- Advincula AP, Wang K. The evolving role and current state of robotics in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2009; 16:291-301.
- Advincula AP, Visco AG. Robotic Gynecologic Surgery: Clinical Expert Series. In Reply. Obstet Gynecol 2009; 114:168-169.
- Advincula AP. Practice Algorithm - Robot-assisted Laparoscopy in Gynecologic Surgery: Getting Started. The Female Patient 2008; 33:28-31.
- Advincula AP. Editorial: NOTES Invades Gynecology: Just Because We Can, Does Not Mean We Should. The Female Patient 2008; 33:12-13.
- Tu FF, Advincula AP. Miniaturizing the Laparoscope: Current Applications of Micro- & Mini-Laparoscopy. Intl J Gynecol Obstet 2008; 100:94-98.