Benefits Of Robotic Surgery – Ultimately, Better Clinical Outcomes
Both the surgeon and the patient experience greatly improved benefits of robotic surgery, as compared to traditional laparoscopic or open procedures. Here are a few reasons why...
Benefits of Robotic Surgery... For the Surgeon
- magnified 3D visualization for optimum viewing within the operative site
- increased precision, control and range of motion of micro-instruments
- tremor filtration
- improved access to and manipulation of organs, tissues and nerves
Benefits of Robotic Surgery... For the Patient
- shorter hospitalization
- reduced pain
- faster recovery times
- smaller incisions, resulting in reduced risk of infection, less blood loss and minimal scarring
- autologous donation (donating own blood before surgery) not required
- patients resume normal activities sooner
- Hysterectomy Recovery – Less Trauma Means
For many women, a hysterectomy is often associated with feelings of loss and emotional distress. In addition to those listed above, the benefits of robotic surgery translate into quicker physical healing, so patients can focus on emotional healing. At Florida Hospital, we are sensitive to all of these needs, and strive to make every aspect of treatment as positive and successful as possible.
When it comes to prostate cancer surgery (prostatectomy), two of the biggest concerns expressed by patients, after cancer control, are incontinence and impotence. The benefits of robotic surgery specifically address these issues. The high degree of dexterity and visualization enjoyed by the surgeon means that robotic prostatectomy is a nerve-sparing procedure. Whereas with traditional prostate surgery, incontinence and impotence can be very real side effects, men who undergo even radical robotic prostatectomies rarely experience diminished long-term capacities. Read more at sex after prostate surgery and incontinence after prostate surgery.
If you require more information about robotic prostatectomy, hysterectomy or the benefits of robotic surgery, don’t hesitate to contact our sincere and knowledgeable staff at Florida Hospital. By performing these highly advanced procedures, we offer patients the best possible outcomes.